Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Chesser Studio Project







The Chesser Studion Project is the latest incarnation of the Chesser Gallery in Downtown Mobile. Vikki Turner Finch and I enjoy the space as both a studio and exhibition gallery. Many of you know this already but for those of you who don't I'll include some press links in this post. I thought it might be fun to show you the space in which I work when it isn't Art Walk. The function of this space as a studio is a bit of an adventure for me as it is always different each month...there is no telling how the studio might look, but I suppose that keeps it interesting. I don't mind it at all...I just love being in such a vibrant part of the city quietly cutting and gluing hundreds and hundreds of little pieces of paper together...its like my own private monks domicile. I really must say the most gratifying part of my little set up is facing all of my paper hung on a rack rather than searching through boxes for 30 minutes at a time to find something. I'm at the studio Wednesdays from 1:00pm-5:30pm and Sundays from approximately 11:30 am - 5:00pm, come on down for a visit sometime.

No comments: