Monday, February 2, 2009

Books For Valentines Day


Here is a Book that I am producing in a limited edition....just in time for Valentines Day...although not too Valentinesy. They will be available at Ashland Gallery in Midtown Mobile, Monday - Friday 10:00am-5:30pm and at The Chesser Studio Project, Friday February 13 from 6:00pm - 9:00pm for LODA Artwalk. The cover image is based on an older collage which sold a year or so ago...this detail was used on the poster for a show...and hangs on the wall above my bench...the cover design was just staring me in the face. Enjoy!

4 comments:

MyHandboundBooks said...

Is the design printed? or did you do inlays? It is a lovely cover design.

Wayne McNeil Artist/Bookbinder said...

They are inlays... ta dah!!

MyHandboundBooks said...

Ah, even lovelier, then!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. McNeil,
I am developing a lesson on Japanese Stab Book binding. I would like to refer to you as an artist on this activity for 7th and 8th grade art students. Please let me know if there are any photos or stories of yourself and your work that you would like to share with my art students when we look at contemporaries in book binding.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter as I create my lesson plans complete with projects, art history and any recommendations you may have on the craftsmanship.
Sincerely,
Roger, over and out.